Re: BUG #2033: Assertion Failure: File: "procarray.c", - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Joel Stevenson
Subject Re: BUG #2033: Assertion Failure: File: "procarray.c",
Date
Re: BUG #2033: Assertion Failure: File: "procarray.c",  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Sorry, I realize this bug is a little lean on details.

PG is set up to serve multiple concurrent processes in a work queue
fashion, therefore these processes are in contention for the same
resources as the queue is basically a FIFO and I'm using SELECT ...
FOR UPDATE NOWAIT in each client to grab the next work segment in
line.

I've been running the setup on 8.1b3 and 8.1RC1 without this
particular Assertion failure, but had not been using the NOWAIT flag
until today.  During a period of perhaps 20 processes operating on
the queue it looks like postgres failed this assertion 17 times, the
first coming very shortly after the processes began and the rest
following in quick succession.

I do have the core files if further info is needed from them.

Thanks,
Joel